When it comes to deck fastening… Just ask the FastenMaster! FastenMaster is a pro-driven, USA based manufacturer of structural wood screws, composite deck screws, hidden deck & trim fasteners, hidden deck clips, and much more.
The FastenMaster Cortex System and Tiger Claw hidden deck fasteners are two great options to consider for a fastener-free deck surface.
The Cortex Hidden Fastening System is a fast & easy way to hide fasteners in composite decking boards and fascia. Cortex Decking Hidden Fastening System offers a strong connection between the deck board and joist and can be applied across the whole deck, used just at the first and last board, around the perimeter and for stairs. Cortex is available for both wood and steel framing systems. The Cortex Fascia Hidden Fastening System is engineered to allow fascia to expand and contract and is made from Trex fascia board to ensure a perfect match.
Recent Cortex product enhancements include:
- TORX® ttap® Drive System: This system is almost impossible to strip-out. In addition, the stability button keeps the fastener straight through installation.
- Modified Fastener: New thread design reduces installation torque and dramatically increases fastener strength.
- Stronger Setting Tool: Optimized for extreme pro contractor use. Stronger bit material and industrial grade felt will enable you to install 350 fasteners on one Cortex Setting Tool.
- Collated Plugs: plugs are available collated on a strip so you won’t drop plugs and the grain is lined up just right!
The Tiger Claw TC-G Clip System is another fast & easy way to hide fasteners on grooved decking. Specifically designed to work in 5/4” decking boards, TC-G clips work in pre-grooved deck boards. The clip’s sharp prongs bite into the top of the groove for strong holding power and the stainless-steel screw ensures a lasting connection between deck board and joist.
- Available in a hand driven or pneumatic gun installation method
- Spacer tabs on the clip automatically gap the decking 3/16” for a consistent look
- Approved for use in saltwater applications and ACQ or chemically treated lumber
- The TC-G reduces wood splitting, wood rot and board cupping. Comes with a 25-year warranty.
FastenMaster Guard Dog Screws are a versatile exterior wood screw used for a variety of applications including softwood decking, railings, stair stringers, deck frame blocking, dimensional headers, pergolas and more. It is fully tested, fully guaranteed in pressure treated lumber, cedar, redwood, and chemically treated lumber.
- Versatile head style can be used with the PoziSquare Drive, #2 square drive, and Phillips drive
- Corrosion and UV Resistant
- Sharp threads quickly penetrate lumber
|Product Description||Available Sizes||Information|
|Cortex for Trex Decking (wood framing) – 2-1/2”||100 LF||All Select Colors|
All Transcend Colors
|Cortex Collated Strips for Trex Decking||100 LF||All Transcend Colors|
|Cortex for Trex Fascia – 1-3/4”||50 LF||All Transcend Colors|
|Cortex for Trex Decking (steel framing) – 1-5/8”||100 LF||All Transcend Colors|
|Tiger Claw TC1S for Cedar, Redwood, PT||50 Sq Ft||Coated Steel|
|Tiger Claw TC2S for Cedar, Redwood, PT||50 Sq Ft||Stainless Steel|
|Tiger Claw TC3S for PVC, Mahogany||50 Sq Ft||Stainless Steel|
|Tiger Claw TCG for Grooved Decking (w/screws)||50 Sq Ft||Stainless Steel|
|Tiger Claw TCGL for Grooved Decking (for Pneumatic Gun – no screws)||50 Sq Ft||Stainless Steel|
|Tiger Claw Pneumatic Gun||500 Sq Ft|
|Tiger Claw Pneumatic Screw Pack||500 Sq Ft||Coated or Stainless Steel|
|Guard Dog Wood Screws – 1-5/8, 2”, 2-1/2”, 3”||75, 350, 1750 ct||Coated Steel|
|Guard Dog Wood Screws – 3-1/2”||75, 350, 1350 ct||Coated Steel|
|Visit the Fasteners page for more great products from FastenMaster!|